Lesson 12 - Learning Styles Illinois State Library
Page 3 of 5
Adaptations for Auditory Learners
- Think aloud.
- Have the learner state aloud the goals and steps to the goals.
- In math, have them talk through the steps.
- Read aloud.
- Auditory learners understand material better if they hear it.
- Before beginning to read, set a purpose and verbalize it.
- Use a tape recorder.
- Have the learner speak ideas into a tape recorder.
- Using a tape recorder will allow the learner to think it out.
- Verbalize ideas with learner.
- Recite factual material over and over to help memorize it.
- Pay attention to the learner's immediate environment.
- Auditory learners may be distracted by a lot of noise.
- Use audiobooks.
- Learners can follow the print as they listen to the audio version.