Public Library Director 101 Series Illinois State Library
Are you a new public library director and would like to learn more about your role both as a library administrator and connector in your community? Considering becoming a director in the future?
The Public Library Director 101 Series features four free, on-demand webinar recordings that introduce the many and unique facets of public library directorship to persons who are new to the position or who are considering stepping into that role. The video training series includes a learner guide and resources for each module. The modules are as follows:
- Your New Role: addresses ethics, values, and leadership (Duration: 11 minutes).
- Community Relations: introduces marketing, public relations, and outreach from the public library director perspective (Duration: 15 minutes).
- Planning and Project Management: discusses essential steps in the strategic planning process, the benefits of strategic planning, and tools for successful project management (Duration: 17 minutes).
- Asset Management: covers management of the varied assets of library systems, including staff, buildings, collections and budget (Duration: 28 minutes).
The Public Library Director 101 Series was produced through COSLA's (Chief Officers of State Library Agencies) Continuing Education Connector Project and supported through funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Public Library Director 101 Series via COSLA's public website
- Public Library Director 101 Series available via WebJunction via WebJunction
- Public Library Directors 101 Learner's Guide